Do You Know the Facts about Alcohol and Boating?
Alcohol and Boating: A Dangerous Combination
- Has a concentration of alcohol in his or her blood of 0.08% or more or
- Is under the influence of:
- Alcohol, any controlled substance or drugs or
- Any combination of alcohol, controlled substances or drugs or
- Any substance which impairs the operator"s mental or physical faculties.
- On the first offense, a fine from $600 up to $2,100 and/or sentence of one year in jail, and suspension of his or her operator's certification/license for 90 days
- On the second offense, a fine from $1,100 up to $5,100 and/or sentence of up to one year in jail with a mandatory sentence of not less than 5 days or community service for not less than 30 days, and suspension of his or her operator's certification for one year
- On the third offense, a fine from $2,100 up to $10,100 and/or sentence of up to 1 year in jail with a mandatory sentence of not less than 60 days, and suspension of his or her operator's certification for three years.
- Anyone over the age of 21 convicted of BUI who has a child under the age of 14 present in the vessel at the time of the offense shall be sentenced to double the minimum punishment that the person would have received if the child had not been present on the vessel
Alabama Wet and Dry Counties