Bibb County PFL
Address and Telephone:
1147 Walter Owens Pkwy.
West Blocton, AL 35184
- 100 acre lake
- Contour maps (PDF 642 KB)
- Open Interactive lake contour map To view the maps, check the “Fishing” box. Then click the plus icon to expand the choices. Check “Lake Contours” and “Lake Depths” and the contour maps will appear.
Largemouth bass, bluegill, redear sunfish, channel catfish, and crappie.
Bibb County Lake is located 7-1/2 miles north of Centreville off Alabama Hwy. 5 in Walter Owens Park. From Centreville at US Hwy 82, take Alabama Hwy. 5 north for 7-1/2 miles, then left on Fishing Lake Road to lake.
Hours of Operation:
Open sunrise to sunset:
- February 1 - June 30: Open six days each week. Closed Mondays.
- July 1 - December 17: Closed Mondays & Tuesdays.
- December 18 - January 31: Closed.
- Contact lake manager for information on possible limited night fishing.
- Boat ramp
- Fishing pier
- Concessions (Bait, tackle, and snacks)
Licenses and Permits:
- Normal Fishing License Requirements Apply to Anglers Age 16 or Older*
- Daily Fishing Permit Required in Addition to License for Anglers Age 12 and Older $3.00
- Boat Rental Permit (Daily fishing permit also required) $5.00
- Launch Permit for Personal Boat (Daily fishing permit also required) $3.00
*State Lakes Fishing Licenses are available for purchase at the lake.
This information is subject to change without notice. Additional information and rules about the lakes are available from the lake manager, the Alabama Fisheries Section at (334) 242-3471, or the appropriate District Fisheries Office.