Chambers County PFL
Ted and Mike Craig
Address and Telephone:
1145 County Road 292
Lafayette, AL 36862
- 183 acre lake
- Contour maps (PDF 456 KB)
- Open Interactive lake contour map To view the maps, check the “Fishing” box. Then click the plus icon to expand the choices. Check “Lake Contours” and “Lake Depths” and the contour maps will appear.
Largemouth bass, bluegill, redear sunfish, channel catfish, and crappie.
Chambers County Lake is located 5 miles southeast of Lafayette on Chambers County Road 83. From Lafayette at the intersection with US Hwy. 431, take Alabama Highway 50 east 3/4 mile, then right on County Road 83 for 4 miles, then right on County Road 292 to Chambers County Lake.
Hours of Operation:
Open sunrise to sunset:
- 07/03/2017 - 11/30/2017 Open 6 days a week. Closed only on Thursdays
- 12/01/2017 - 01/31/2018 Open Friday, Saturday and Sunday, except for the range listed below
- 12/18/2017 - 01/04/2018 Closed
- 02/01/2018 - TBD Open 6 days a week. Closed only on Thursdays.
- Night Fishing available starting September 8, 2017 until 10:30. Please contact Lake Manager for future dates and further information.
- Boat ramp
- Fishing pier
- Concessions (Bait, tackle, and snacks)
- Primitive camping
Licenses and Permits:
- Normal Fishing License Requirements Apply to Anglers Age 16 or Older*
- Daily Fishing Permit Required in Addition to License for Anglers Age 12 and Older $3.00
- Boat Rental Permit (Daily fishing permit also required) $5.00
- Launch Permit for Personal Boat (Daily fishing permit also required) $3.00
*Hunting and Fishing License available for purchase at lake.
This information is subject to change without notice. Additional information and rules about the lakes are available from the lake manager, the Alabama Fisheries Section at (334) 242-3471, or the appropriate District Fisheries Office.