Clay County Public Fishing Lake
Address and Telephone:
6548 State Lake Road
Delta, AL 36258
- Three lakes of 13-, 23-, and 38-acres
- Contour maps (PDF 276 KB)
- Open Interactive lake contour map To view the maps, check the “Fishing” box. Then click the plus icon to expand the choices. Check “Lake Contours” and “Lake Depths” and the contour maps will appear.
Largemouth bass, bluegill, redear sunfish, channel catfish, and crappie.
Clay County Lake is located 1 mile west of the east central Alabama town of Delta on State Lake Road. From Lineville, take Alabama Highway 9 north to Delta, then left on State Lake Road for 3/4 miles to Clay County Lakes.
Hours of Operation:
Open sunrise to sunset:
- February 1 - June 30: Open six days each week. Closed Thursdays.
- July 1 - November 30: Closed Wednesdays & Thursdays.
- December 1 - January 31: Closed.
- Boat ramp
- Fishing pier
- Concessions (Bait, tackle, and snacks)
Licenses and Permits:
- Normal Fishing License Requirements Apply to Anglers Age 16 or Older*
- Daily Fishing Permit Required in Addition to License for Anglers Age 12 and Older $3.00
- Boat Rental Permit (Daily fishing permit also required) $5.00
- Launch Permit for Personal Boat (Daily fishing permit also required) $3.00
*State Lakes Fishing Licenses are available for purchase at the lake.
This information is subject to change without notice. Additional information and rules about the lakes are available from the lake manager, the Alabama Fisheries Section at (334) 242-3471, or the appropriate District Fisheries Office.