Dekalb County Public Fishing Lake
Manager: Steven Simmons
Address and Telephone:
720 Co. Rd. 194
Sylvania, AL 35988
- 120 acre lake
Contour maps (PDF 569 KB)
- Open Interactive lake contour map To view the maps, check the “Fishing” box. Then click the plus icon to expand the choices. Check “Lake Contours” and “Lake Depths” and the contour maps will appear.
Largemouth bass, bluegill, redear sunfish, channel catfish, and crappie.
Dekalb County Lake is located on Sand Mountain 1 mile north of Sylvania, Alabama. From Rainsville take Alabama Hwy 75 north for 6 miles, then left on County Road 27 for 3/4 mile, then right on County Road 194 to DeKalb County Lake.
Hours of Operation:
- Open sunrise to sunset, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday
- Closed Wednesdays
- For the months of October & November, closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays
- Closed Thanksgiving Day and December 1st-January 31. Reopen February 1st
- Boat ramp
- Two covered fishing piers
- Public restrooms
- Concessions (Bait, tackle, and snacks)
- Campground facilities available with electricity and water
- Jon boats, electric motors and batteries are available for rent
Licenses and Permits:
- Normal Fishing License Requirements Apply to Anglers Age 16 or Older*
- Daily Fishing Permit Required in Addition to License for Anglers Age 12 and Older $3.00
- Boat Rental Permit (Daily fishing permit also required) $5.00
- Launch Permit for Personal Boat (Daily fishing permit also required) $3.00
*State Lakes Fishing Licenses are available for purchase at the lake.
This information is subject to change without notice. Additional information and rules about the lakes are available from the lake manager, the Alabama Fisheries Section at (334) 242-3471, or the appropriate District Fisheries Office.