Escambia County Public Fishing Lake - Leon Brooks Hines
Address and Telephone:
917 Barney Road
Wing, AL 36483
- 184 acre lake
Contour maps (PDF 281 KB)
- Open Interactive lake contour map To view the maps, check the “Fishing” box. Then click the plus icon to expand the choices. Check “Lake Contours” and “Lake Depths” and the contour maps will appear.
Largemouth bass, bluegill, redear sunfish, channel catfish, and crappie.
Escambia County Lake is located in the Conecuh National Forest near the Florida border 23 miles east of Brewton off County 11 (Beaver Creek Road). From Buddy Mitchell Bridge in Brewton take U.S. 29 Highway north for 9 miles then right on County Road 4 for 10 miles, then right on County Road 11 (Beaver Creek Road) for 1-1/2 miles then right on Parker Springs Road and left on Barney Road to Leon Brooks Hines Lake.
Hours of Operation:
Open sunrise to sunset:
- February 1 - June 30: Open six days each week. Closed Tuesdays.
- July 1 - November 30: Closed Tuesdays & Wednesdays.
- December 1 - January 31 Closed
- Boat ramp
- Fishing pier
- Concessions (Bait, tackle, and snacks)
Licenses and Permits:
- Normal Fishing License Requirements Apply to Anglers Age 16 or Older*
- Daily Fishing Permit Required in Addition to License for Anglers Age 12 and Older $3.00
- Boat Rental Permit (Daily fishing permit also required) $5.00
- Launch Permit for Personal Boat (Daily fishing permit also required) $3.00
*State Lakes Fishing Licenses are available for purchase at the lake.
This information is subject to change without notice. Additional information and rules about the lakes are available from the lake manager, the Alabama Fisheries Section at (334) 242-3471, or the appropriate District Fisheries Office.