Geneva County Public Fishing Lake
Address and Telephone:
2308 Co. Rd. 63
Coffee Springs, AL 36318
- Two lakes with a total of 65 acres
Contour maps (PDF 272 KB)
- Open Interactive lake contour map To view the maps, check the “Fishing” box. Then click the plus icon to expand the choices. Check “Lake Contours” and “Lake Depths” and the contour maps will appear.
Largemouth bass, bluegill, redear sunfish, channel catfish, and crappie.
Geneva County Lake is located 15 miles northwest of the City of Geneva or 20 miles southwest of Enterprise in Coffee Springs, Alabama. Upper Geneva County Lake is a 33 acre lake. This lake drains into Lower Geneva County Lake, which is a 35 acre lake. From the City of Geneva, take Highway 27 north for approximately 9 miles; turn left (west) on County Road 40 and go straight for approximately 4.5 miles (County Road 40 turns to the left but County Road 64 goes straight through Coffee Springs to Geneva County Lake Road). Geneva County Lake Road (County Road 63) will be on the left. From Enterprise, From Alabama Highway 27 south for approximately 15 miles, then right on County Road 40 through Coffee Springs for 4.5 miles. County Road 40 turns into County Road 64. Geneva Lake will be on the left.
Hours of Operation:
Open sunrise to sunset:
- February 1 - June 30: Open six days each week. Closed Wednesdays.
- Closed Easter Sunday, April 16, 2017
- July 1 - November 30: Closed Monday, Tuesday & Wednesdays.
- December 1 - December 24: Open Thursday - Sunday.
- December 25 - December 28: Closed.
- January - Open Saturdays and Sundays only
- Boat ramp
- Fishing pier
- Concessions (Bait, tackle, and snacks)
Licenses and Permits:
- Normal Fishing License Requirements Apply to Anglers Age 16 or Older*
- Daily Fishing Permit Required in Addition to License for Anglers Age 12 and Older $3.00
- Boat Rental Permit (Daily fishing permit also required) $5.00
- Launch Permit for Personal Boat (Daily fishing permit also required) $3.00
*State Lakes Fishing Licenses are available for purchase at the lake.
This information is subject to change without notice. Additional information and rules about the lakes are available from the lake manager, the Alabama Fisheries Section at (334) 242-3471, or the appropriate District Fisheries Office.