Press ReleaseView print version
Outdoor Alabama Magazine Announces 2012 Photo Contest
May 25, 2011
Outdoor Alabama magazine announces that entries are now being accepted for its 2012 Photo Contest. Winning entries will be published in the February 2012 issue of the magazine. Complete rules and an entry form are available at www.outdooralabama.com. All photos must have been taken in Alabama and entries will be accepted until October 31, 2011.
According to Outdoor Alabama Editor Kim G. Nix, the photography contest is now in its eighth year. “Each year we are overwhelmed with the quality of entries received from all over the state,” Nix said. “These photos really show off the natural beauty of our state and we want to highlight that by publishing them in the magazine.”
Photos may be entered in the following categories:
· State Parks -- Recreational activities, park facilities, scenery or events held at any of Alabama’s 22 State Parks operated by the Alabama Department of Conservation and Natural Resources. See listing at www.alapark.com.
· Birds -- Native song birds, shore birds, game birds or raptors.
· Mammals -- Native mammals (pets and livestock excluded).
· Reptiles and Amphibians -- May include turtles, snakes, lizards, salamanders, etc.
· Other Native Wildlife -- May include butterflies, insects, snails, etc.
· Scenic/Pictorial -- Photos in which natural landmarks, scenery or inanimate objects are prominent; site location required for this category.
· Nature-Based Activities -- People enjoying recreation such as boating, fishing, hiking, hunting, camping (organized team sports excluded).
· Wild Flora -- Wildflowers, foliage, fruiting bodies, other parts of plants or trees (cultivated flowers, shrubs, etc. are excluded)
· Youth -- Two divisions: Youth ages 6-12 and 13-18 may enter any of the categories.
All photos must be high quality digital images submitted on a CD-ROM accompanied an entry form and an 8x10 print of each photo. Photographers may enter up to 10 photos. The photos may be in the same category or spread among different categories.
For more information call 1-800-262-3151; write to Outdoor Alabama Photo Contest, 64 N. Union St., Ste. 106, Montgomery, AL 36130; or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Outdoor Alabama magazine is the official publication of the Alabama Department of Conservation and Natural Resources (ADCNR). ADCNR promotes wise stewardship, management and enjoyment of Alabama’s natural resources through five divisions: Marine Police, Marine Resources, State Lands, State Parks, and Wildlife and Freshwater Fisheries. To learn more about ADCNR, visit www.outdooralabama.com .