Lifetime licenses are available to Alabama residents.
Save money over the long term and purchase a lifetime license for yourself or a loved one.
Lifetime licenses can be purchased online by clicking here. You may also visit a local license agent or County Probate/License Commissioner’s Offices, use our app, by phone and at select WFF locations.
To purchase a lifetime license for anyone with an Alabama Non-Driver's ID card or for children under 18 years of age without a valid Alabama driver's license, you will need to provide proofs of residency:
Those with a Alabama Non-Driver's ID card must present 2 proofs of residency:
- Copy of a previous year tax return (mailing address only)
- Voter registration card
- Current certificate of employment, if containing proof of permanent residency
- Copy of home property tax
- Current health insurance forms with address (Medicare) etc.
- Current doctor bill or other statements with name and address
- The last three months of a utility bill with mailing address
Those Children under 18 years of age without a valid Alabama Driver's License:
- Social Security Number Card (required)
- Birth Certificate (optional)
- Attach copy of parent’s driver’s license. If guardian other than parent, paperwork showing custody and copy of their driver's license. (required)
- If enrolled in day care or school, attach a copy of current report card or enrollment, or
- If not enrolled in day care or school, 2 additional proofs of residency are required:
- Copy of parent's previous year Alabama tax return - showing child as a dependent and mailing address.
- Current certification of employment, if containing proof of permanent residency (parent or child)
- Current health insurance forms with child's name and address
- Current doctor bill or other statements with child's name and address
To download the application for a new or replacement lifetime license, information sheet and laws/regs, click here. You can take application in person to your local probate office or mail to our Montgomery office.
Once you have purchased your lifetime license, click here for additional information.
* Wildlife Heritage Privileges are included with Freshwater Fishing and Hunting Lifetime License (excludes Saltwater Lifetime License)
|License Privilege (by age)|
|2 – 11||12 – 49|
50 & over
Hunting & Freshwater Fishing*
Hunting & Saltwater Fishing*
Freshwater & Saltwater Fishing*
Hunting, Fresh & Saltwater Fishing*
Saltwater & Wildlife Heritage