Washington County PFL - J. Emmett Wood Lake
Address and Telephone:
809 State Lake Road
Millry, AL 36558
- 84 acre lake
Contour maps (PDF 225 KB)
- Open Interactive lake contour map To view the maps, check the “Fishing” box. Then click the plus icon to expand the choices. Check “Lake Contours” and “Lake Depths” and the contour maps will appear.
Largemouth bass, bluegill, redear sunfish, and channel catfish.
Washington County Lake is located 2 miles west of Millry, Alabama. From Chatom take Alabama Hwy. 17 north to Millry, then left on Healing Springs Ave. for 1-3/4 miles, then left on State Lake Road for 3/4 miles to Washington County Lake.
Hours of Operation: ~~Temporarily closed beginning 10-01-2017
Open sunrise to sunset:
- February 1 - June 30: Open six days each week. Closed Mondays.
- July 1 - November 19: Closed Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
- November 20 - February 1: Closed.
- Open Memorial Day, July 4th, and Labor Day
- Boat ramp
- Fishing pier
- Concessions (Bait, tackle, and snacks)
Licenses and Permits:
- Normal Fishing License Requirements Apply to Anglers Age 16 or Older*
- Daily Fishing Permit Required in Addition to License for Anglers Age 12 and Older $3.00
- Boat Rental Permit (Daily fishing permit also required) $5.00
- Launch Permit for Personal Boat (Daily fishing permit also required) $3.00
*State Lakes Fishing Licenses are available for purchase at the lake.
This information is subject to change without notice. Additional information and rules about the lakes are available from the lake manager, the Alabama Fisheries Section at (334) 242-3471, or the appropriate District Fisheries Office.