Washington County PFL - J. Emmett Wood Lake
No manager will be available onsite during temporary reopening of 02/21/2018 - 04/30/2018
Address and Telephone:
809 State Lake Road
Millry, AL 36558
- 84 acre lake
Contour maps (PDF 225 KB)
- Open Interactive lake contour map To view the maps, check the “Fishing” box. Then click the plus icon to expand the choices. Check “Lake Contours” and “Lake Depths” and the contour maps will appear.
- Daily creel limits and PFL regulations will be posted at the lake.
Largemouth bass, bluegill, redear sunfish, and channel catfish.
Washington County Lake is located 2 miles west of Millry, Alabama. From Chatom take Alabama Hwy. 17 north to Millry, then left on Healing Springs Ave. for 1-3/4 miles, then left on State Lake Road for 3/4 miles to Washington County Lake.
Hours of Operation: ~~Will temporarily reopen, prior to draining and restocking, from February 21, 2018 to April 30, 2018
Open sunrise to sunset, 7 days a week, until the lake is closed at the end of April 2018.
- Boat ramp
- Fishing pier
Licenses and Permits:
- Normal Fishing License Requirements Apply to Anglers Age 16 or Older
- Anglers 16 years old and older will need a $3.00 Daily Fishing Permit or a $10.00 2018 Spring Fishing Permit that is valid from February 21 to April 30, 2018
- Free Fishing Permits for anglers 12 to 15 years old will be available at the PFL. (Please click Washington County PFL Youth Fishing Permit.pdf for a printable Youth Permit.)
- Personal fishing boats may be launched with possession of a valid Fishing Permit
A Fishing Permit can be purchased in one of the following ways:
- License agent
- Online at www.outdooralabama.com
- Outdoor Alabama app
- County Probate Office
- By phone at 1-888-848-6887
- (Note: Processing / convenience fees may apply.)
This information is subject to change without notice. Additional information and rules about the lakes are available from the lake manager, the Alabama Fisheries Section at (334) 242-3471, or the appropriate District Fisheries Office.