REGISTRATION Check back in the fall for 2019 registration info
The Division of Wildlife and Freshwater Fisheries, Wildlife Section has set dates for the limited quota dog deer hunt at the Geneva State Forest Wildlife Management Area. This hunt will be two days (December 6-7, 2019) and is limited to 100 permits. You must be 16 years old or older to register. Each successful registered permit holder can participate in each day of the two day hunt. Additionally, each registered permit holder 21 years old or older is allowed to bring one youth 15 years old or younger as a guest that must remain on the assigned stand with the permit holder. Only one gun is allowed per assigned stand location.
Registration for permits will be available beginning on November 4th at 8:00am on the Outdoor Alabama website. To register, read the registration steps below and click on the above link. Registration will close on November 16th at 1:00pm. After registration closes, permits will be selected through a random computerized process. Selected hunters will be notified via email and will be prompted to log in to the registration page and accept their permit. Selected hunters will have 72 hours to accept their permit.
Online Hunt and Workshop Registration Process
You must have a Conservation ID to register for a hunt or workshop. Below are the steps to follow when registering for a hunt or workshop:
• From the hunt or workshop webpage select/click on the Click Here To Register link
• Then, Click the "Sign in to My Hunts to Register" link on the top of the screen
• You will be prompted to enter your CID and date of birth
• You can now select "Register for a Hunt" which will take you to the list of the various hunts and workshops available for registration.
• A drop down box on the left side of the registration page will allow you to filter for the hunt type of interest (Youth Dove, Special Opportunity Hunts)
• Choose the hunt(s)/workshop you are interested in attending and select the "add this hunt to cart" button on the far right of the screen.
• After you have added your hunt(s)/workshop to the cart, scroll to the bottom of the page and click the green “Review Registration"
• Review the hunts selected in the box and then select “Submit my hunts for registration” button.
• You then will be back at the page illustrating all the hunt(s)/workshops you have registered for, The youth dove hunt and trapping workshop submissions are pending until the system updates (every 15 minutes). The random draw hunts will be pending until the date of the draw closing.
• Dog Hunting Antlered Bucks Only: Dec. 6-7. One antlered buck per day. By limited quota permit only.
Dogs must be approved by DCNR personnel. *Antlered buck restrictions apply. To be legal for harvest, antlered bucks must have at least three (3) antler points (1 inch or longer) on at least one main antler beam.
• A State Hunting License, Wildlife Management Area (WMA) License and a wildlife management area permit, are required by all dog deer hunt permit holders.
• Administrators of the hunt shall have the right to distribute the hunters and to inspect all vehicles or other equipment while on the areas.