REGISTRATION Opens November 2nd at 1:00 PM
Geneva State Forest Dog Deer Hunt registration:
- Closes 11/16 at 1pm
- Results of the draw will be displayed and/or emailed (those selected as a “hunter” or “alternate” will receive an email) 11/16 2:15pm
- Successful applicants will have until 11/19 2pm to accept their “hunter” or “alternate” status
- If selected as a “hunter” or “alternate” prior to accepting your status you will have to purchase a WMA License or if exempt have obtained a HELP # For more information.
- If purchasing your WMA License to complete the acceptance of your "hunter" status allow for up to an hour for the system to update your purchase and then allow you to complete the acceptance of the hunt
This hunt will be two days (December 11-12, 2020) and is limited to 100 permits. One antlered buck per day. Antlered buck restrictions apply. To be legal for harvest, antlered bucks must have at least three (3) antler points (1 inch or longer) on at least one main antler beam.
Dogs must be approved by DCNR personnel.
You must be 16 years old or older to register.
Each successful registered permit holder can participate in each day of the two day hunt.
Additionally, each registered permit holder "Hunter" 21 years old or older is allowed to bring one youth 15 years old or younger as a guest that must remain on the assigned stand with the permit holder. Only one gun is allowed per assigned stand location.
Online Hunt and Workshop Registration Process
You must have a Conservation ID to register for a hunt or workshop. Below are the steps to follow when registering for a hunt or workshop:
• From the hunt or workshop webpage select/click on the Click Here To Register link
• Then, Click the "Sign in to My Hunts to Register" link on the top of the screen
• You will be prompted to enter your CID and date of birth
• You can now select "Register for a Hunt" which will take you to the list of the various hunts and workshops available for registration.
• A drop down box on the left side of the registration page will allow you to filter for the hunt type of interest (Youth Dove, Special Opportunity Hunts)
• Choose the hunt(s)/workshop you are interested in attending and select the "add this hunt to cart" button on the far right of the screen.
• After you have added your hunt(s)/workshop to the cart, scroll to the bottom of the page and click the green “Review Registration"
• Review the hunts selected in the box and then select “Submit my hunts for registration” button.
• You then will be back at the page illustrating all the hunt(s)/workshops you have registered for, The youth dove hunt and trapping workshop submissions are pending until the system updates (every 15 minutes). The random draw hunts will be pending until the date of the draw closing.
• A State Hunting License, Wildlife Management Area (WMA) License and a wildlife management area permit, are required by all dog deer hunt permit holders.
• Administrators of the hunt shall have the right to distribute the hunters and to inspect all vehicles or other equipment while on the areas.