Regulation Changes Beginning August 1, 2019
- 36 inches fork length
Spotted Sea Trout
- Slot Length is 15 inches total length to 22 inches total length
- 6 per person, per day with one over 22 inches total length allowed
- 14 inches total length (recreational and commercial)
- Recreational creel limit is 5 per person
- Commercial creel limit is 40 per person or 40 per vessel
- Closed season for flounder is November 1 through November 30 for both recreational and commercial anglers
- Anglers fishing for, retaining, possessing, or landing gulf reef fish species (as defined in Rule 220-3-.46) must use non-stainless steel circle hooks when using natural bait.
- Anglers fishing for, retaining, or possessing, or landing sharks must use non-offset, non-stainless steel circle hooks when using natural bait.
Beginning August 26, 2019
A Reef Fish Endorsement will be available for purchase for recreational licenses beginning August 26, 2019. Commercial license sales will begin on September 16, 2019. The Reef Fish Endorsement will be required for any person possessing, taking or attempting to take any gulf reef fish species listed in Rule 220-3-.46 (see below). This endorsement is required for all resident and non-resident anglers 16 years of age and older, and includes disabled, veterans appreciation, 65 and older, lifetime license holders, pier licenses, annual saltwater licenses, trip licenses, commercial fishermen, and charter boats.