- Unseasoned meat tenderizer
- Frying batter, seasoned to taste
- Vegetable oil
- After properly cleaning, cut the rabbit in pieces.
- Debone the smallest pieces to use in the gravy.
- Sprinkle meat with unseasoned meat tenderizer and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Drain the liquid that has formed after refrigeration.
- Batter the larger pieces using your favorite batter.
- Fry the larger pieces until done, remove from oil and drain on paper towels.
- Put the small pieces in the remaining oil and add flour and milk to make gravy. Stir until thickened to desired consistency. The meat will cook quickly and should be done by the time the gravy is finished.
- Serve gravy poured over cooked meat or with biscuits.
Submitted By: Gene Houston, former Conservation Enforcement Officer