The Barbour WMA Shooting Range provides shooting opportunities at distances up to 100 yards. A small concrete pad to shoot shotguns at clay targets is located to the south of the 25 yard pistol range. All ranges are wheelchair accessible and have concrete walkways for downrange access to the target lines. The 25 and 100 yard ranges are separated by an earthen berm to allow shooters to travel downrange independently on each range.
Hours of Operation
The range is open during daylight hours only (except by permit).
The range is located approximately 5 miles south of Comer, AL just off of highway 49. Range is located about 1 mile north of the Barbour County Public Fishing Lake. View an aerial image of the range location.
GPS coordinates for the range are: N 31 deg. 58’ 52.0” W 85 deg. 27’ 02.7”
The physical address for the range is 370 County Road 49, Comer, AL.
- For Alabama residents, a valid hunting, heritage, fishing, or WMA license is required for all range users between the ages of 16-64.
- For nonresidents, a valid WMA license or non-resident hunting license is required for all range users age 16 or older.
Purchasing a license can be done in one of three ways:
- Online by clicking here
- By calling 1-888-848-6887
- Visiting a retail vendor in your community
- Range is open during daylight hours only (except by permit).
- No alcoholic beverages allowed.
- Any legal firearm and ammunition, except armor-piercing or tracer, may be used on target range.
- Keep all firearms unloaded and muzzles pointed in a safe direction when not firing. Action on uncased guns shall be open when not on the firing line.
- All persons are to remain behind the shooter while firing is taking place. No firing shall be allowed while anyone is down range.
- All firearms (except as noted below in # 7) shall only be fired from designated stations on the concrete shooting line into the embankment at stationary paper targets, self-healing or metal automatic reset targets. Targets must be placed so shots will impact the bottom 5 feet of the embankment. Only one person may shoot from each designated location at any given time.
- Shotguns with no. 4 shot or smaller may be fired at moving clay targets on designated clay areas only.
- All used targets, brass, shotgun hulls, and other trash shall be placed in a garbage can, or removed from the range.
- It shall be illegal to violate any posted restriction.