- 1 lb Ground Venison (Makes 4 patties)
- ½ cup finely shredded pepperjack cheese
- ¼ cup finely chopped onions (almost minced)
- ¼ cup Panko bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Hamburger buns of your choice although this recipe pairs well with King's Hawaiian sweet buns.
In a large bowl, mix all ingredients by kneading together, get those hands dirty and mix well! Once ingredients are thoroughly mixed, split evenly into four similar sized burger patties. Make sure patties are uniform in shape and firm (loosely pattied burgers will fall apart on the grill). Grill on High heat (approx. 550 degrees or higher) for about 3-4 mins per side. Try not to flip burgers too often to prevent them from drying out. Be sure to keep an eye on the grill at all times as the juice from the burgers can catch a flame. Once they’re cooked to your liking, remove from the grill and top with a slice of your favorite cheese, my personal recommendation is colby jack. Enjoy!
By Justin Grider, R3 Coordinator, Alabama Dept. of Conservation and Natural Resources