The Alabama Marine Resources Division has received authorization from the U.S. Department of Commerce’s National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) to begin the implementation of relief funding under the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act to assist in the recovery efforts of Alabama’s seafood-related businesses such as commercial fishing, processing, marine aquaculture, and charter for-hire. The funding is available for financial damages incurred from the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic between March 1, 2020 and May 31, 2020.
The application is available as a download at the bottom of this page.
Completed applications and supporting documentation can be mailed, shipped or hand delivered to:
Alabama Marine Resources Division
Attn: Chris Denson
999 Commerce Dr.
Gulf Shores, AL 36547
Applicants seeking aid must provide one or more of the documents below showing unreimbursed financial loss during March 1, 2020 to May 31, 2020, related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Filed Alabama Income Tax forms
- Notarized letter from a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) documenting loss
- Sales transactions or receipts
- Shipping and receiving documents
- Seafood Landing Reports (can be for multiple states)
- Accounting software reports
- Copies of appointment calendars (charter for-hire)
- Booking system reports (charter for-hire)
- Other documents as approved by MRD
Applications must be postmarked no later than Friday, November 13, 2020. Completed applications can also be hand delivered by 5 p.m. that day.
Electronic copies will not be accepted.