Madison County PFL
Manager: Chris and Cole Coultas
Address and Telephone:
2501 County Lake Road
Gurley, AL 35748
- 105 acre lake
- Contour maps (PDF 251 KB)
- Open Interactive lake contour map To view the maps, check the “Fishing” box. Then click the plus icon to expand the choices. Check “Lake Contours” and “Lake Depths” and the contour maps will appear.
Largemouth bass, bluegill, redear sunfish, channel catfish, crappie, and rainbow trout (winter only).
Madison County Lake is located 11 miles east of Huntsville in Gurley, Alabama. From Huntsville, take U.S. Highway 72 east for 5 miles, then left on Ryland Pike Road for 6-1/2 miles (through Maysville) to County Lake Road, right 1 mile to Madison County Lake.
Hours of Operation:
Open sunrise to sunset:
- January 30, 2021 - Tuesday before Thanksgiving: Open six days each week. Closed Wednesdays.
- Friday after Thanksgiving - January 3: The lake is open on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, except Christmas and New Years Day; and trout fishing is available for a $5 daily permit. (Fishing for rainbow trout begins the day after Thanksgiving, and trout are stocked again in December and in January. Fishing license requirements apply in addition to the daily Madison County Lake permit).
- Closed January 4, 2021 - January 29, 2021
- Contact lake manager for information on possible limited night fishing.
- Boat ramp
- Fishing pier ** ADA Compliant **
- Concessions (Bait, tackle, and snacks) ** ADA Compliant **
Licenses and Permits:
- Normal Fishing License Requirements Apply to Anglers Age 16 or Older*
- Daily Fishing Permit Required in Addition to License for Anglers Age 12 and Older $3.00
- Boat Rental Permit (Daily fishing permit also required) $5.00
- Launch Permit for Personal Boat (Daily fishing permit also required) $3.00
*State Lakes Fishing Licenses are available for purchase at the lake.
This information is subject to change without notice. Additional information and rules about the lakes are available from the lake manager, the Alabama Fisheries Section at (334) 242-3471, or the appropriate District Fisheries Office.