Walker County PFL
Address and Telephone:
4227 Walker County Lake Road
Jasper, AL 35501
- 163 acre lake
- Contour maps (PDF 395 KB)
- Open Interactive lake contour map To view the maps, check the “Fishing” box. Then click the plus icon to expand the choices. Check “Lake Contours” and “Lake Depths” and the contour maps will appear.
Largemouth bass, bluegill, redear sunfish, channel catfish, crappie, and hybrid striped bass.
Walker County Lake is located 3 miles southeast of Jasper off US Highway 78 in Jasper, Alabama. From Jasper US 78 east to Industrial Parkway, take Industrial Parkway south for 5-1/4 miles to Walker County Public Fishing Lake.
Hours of Operation:
Open sunrise to sunset:
- January 22 - December 11: Open six days each week. Closed Wednesdays.
- December 12 - January 21: Closed
- Contact the lake manager for night fishing details
- Boat ramp
- Two fishing piers ** ADA Compliant **
- Concessions (Bait, tackle, and snacks) ** ADA Compliant **
- Pavilion ** ADA Compliant **
Licenses and Permits:
- Normal Fishing License Requirements Apply to Anglers Age 16 or Older*
- Daily Fishing Permit Required in Addition to License for Anglers Age 12 and Older $3.00
- Boat Rental Permit (Daily fishing permit also required) $5.00
- Launch Permit for Personal Boat (Daily fishing permit also required) $3.00
*State Lakes Fishing Licenses are available for purchase at the lake.
This information is subject to change without notice. Additional information and rules about the lakes are available from the lake manager, the Alabama Fisheries Section at (334) 242-3471, or the appropriate District Fisheries Office.