Washington County PFL - J. Emmett Wood Lake To reopen March 5, 2021
No manager on site.
Address and Telephone:
809 State Lake Road
Millry, AL 36558
- 84 acre lake
- Contour maps (PDF 225 KB)
- Open Interactive lake contour map To view the maps, check the “Fishing” box. Then click the plus icon to expand the choices. Check “Lake Contours” and “Lake Depths” and the contour maps will appear.
- Daily creel limits and PFL regulations will be posted at the lake.
- Outboard use ONLY when loading and unloading boat. Trolling motors allowed.
Bream, channel catfish, crappie, and largemouth bass
Initially, a catch-and-release regulation on largemouth bass will be in effect
Daily creel limits and other regulations are posted at the lake
Washington County Lake is located 2 miles west of Millry, Alabama. From Chatom take Alabama Hwy. 17 north to Millry, then left on Healing Springs Ave. for 1-3/4 miles, then left on State Lake Road for 3/4 miles to Washington County Lake.
Hours of Operation: To reopen Friday, March 5, 2021
Open - Thursday through Monday from sunrise to sunset
Closed - Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
- Boat ramp
- Fishing pier ** ADA Compliant **
- Pavilion ** ADA Compliant **
- Rental boats not available
- Camping is no longer available.
Licenses and Permits: (Must be purchased prior to visiting the lake)
- Normal Fishing License Requirements Apply to Anglers Age 16 or Older
- Anglers 12 years old and older will also need a $3.00 Daily Fishing Permit or a $30 annual (valid until August 31) Washington County Public Fishing Lake permit.
- Personal fishing boats may be launched with possession of a valid Fishing Permit
A Fishing Permit (available the week prior to opening) can be purchased in one of the following ways:
- License agent
- Online at www.outdooralabama.com
- Local County Probate Offices
- By phone at 1-888-848-6887
(Note: Processing / convenience fees may apply.)
This information is subject to change without notice. Additional information and rules about the lakes are available from the lake manager, the Alabama Fisheries Section at (334) 242-3471, or the appropriate District Fisheries Office.