The Wind Creek Community Archery park is a partnership between Alabama State Parks, the Archery Trade Association, Alabama Cooperative Extension System, and ADCNR’s Division of Wildlife and Freshwater Fisheries with funding through license sales and federally matched Pittman-Robertson Act funding. Additional local supporters who helped make the archery park possible through donations and contributions are: Volunteers of Wind Creek, Tallapoosa County District 2 Commissioner Steve Robinson, Home Depot in Alexander City, Russell Do-It Center, A&E Metal Roofing, Lake Martin Building Supply, River Bank and Trust, Southern Pipe and Supply, Steve Pressley with City Accounting, Tallapoosa County 4-H, and The Sure Shot.
The facility features a seven-target adult range from 20 to 50 yards and a three-target youth range of 5 to 15 yards.
The Wind Creek Community Archery Park range is at Wind Creek State Park, which charges an entrance fee.
The park is located at 4325 Alabama Highway 128, Alexander City, AL 35010. The range is located near the park office.
- For Alabama residents, a valid hunting, heritage, fishing, or WMA license is required for all range users between the ages of 16-64.
- For nonresidents, a valid WMA license is required for all range users age 16 or older.
Purchasing a license can be done in one of three ways:
- Online by clicking here
- By calling 1-888-848-6887
- Or through an outdoors supply retailer in your area
- The range is open during daylight hours only.
- No alcoholic beverages allowed.
- Arrows may only be nocked onto the bowstring when standing on the shooting line preparing to shoot.
- Shoot only from the shooting line into the designated targets.
- Shooters are allowed to bring and shoot at a paper face placed on an existing target as long as it is removed from the range or placed in a trash receptacle once an individual has finished shooting. Personal targets are not allowed on range.
- Bows must be hung on the bowhanger behind the shooting line when waiting to shoot or while archers are down range retrieving arrows.
- All persons are to remain behind the shooting line while shooting is taking place. No shooting shall be allowed while anyone is down range.
- Arrows from bows of 30 pound draw weight or more may only be shot into the targets on the adult range. Arrows from bows less than 30 pound draw weight may be shot into targets on the youth or adult range.
- Only arrows with field or target points may be used or possessed on range. No broadheads may be possessed on the range.
- All individuals standing on or utilizing the elevated platform must wear a full body harness, including shoulder and leg straps, and attach themselves to the appropriate safety cable with the use of a “D” ring or safety carabineer.
- All used paper target faces and other trash shall be placed in a trash receptacle or removed from the range.