The Marine Resources Division (MRD) of the Alabama Department of Conservation and Natural Resources (ADCNR) will host an oyster meeting on Thursday, August 24, 2023, from 1-3 p.m. at the Bayou La Batre Community and Senior Center located at 12745 Padgett Switch Rd. in Irvington, Alabama.
The focus of the meeting will be to update the community about MRD activities related to the management of Alabama’s oyster fisheries and to receive public input.
During the meeting MRD representatives will:
- Review 2023 oyster reef survey results
- Review the reef grid system and its use in oyster reef and harvest management
- Provide a potential date and areas to open for public oyster harvest
- Review check-in/check-out procedures at the Oyster Management Station
- Show oyster harvester education video for harvesters needing recertification
If Americans with Disabilities Act accommodations are needed, please contact MRD’s Jason Herrmann at firstname.lastname@example.org or (251) 861-2882. Requests should be made as soon as possible but at least two days prior to the scheduled meeting.
ADCNR promotes wise stewardship, management and enjoyment of Alabama’s natural resources through four divisions: Marine Resources, State Lands, State Parks, and Wildlife and Freshwater Fisheries. Learn more at www.outdooralabama.com.