Approximately 14,000 students participate in the Alabama Hunter Education Program annually. The Alabama Division of Wildlife and Freshwater Fisheries is always in need of additional volunteer instructors to promote safe, responsible hunting through the Alabama Hunter Education Program.
Hunter Ed Instructor Requirements
All instructor applicants must meet the following:
- Must have completed a hunter education course
- Be at least 19 years of age
- Enjoy working with young people
- Believe in and practice safe, responsible hunting and "fair chase"
- Complete a Hunter Education Instructor Application
- Pass a criminal history background check and have had no significant misdemeanor, felony or wildlife violations in recent history
After completing the steps above, the candidate must then attend a Hunter Education Certification Workshop and assist with two hunter education courses prior to becoming a certified Hunter Education Instructor.