For Resident Licenses, those exempt from licenses would be:
- Residents under 16 years of age
- Residents over 65 years of age
- Resident Landowners and immediate family:
- Landowner’s spouse
- Landowner’s children, if Alabama residents
- Landowner’s parents, if Alabama residents
- Landowner’s brothers and/or sisters, if Alabama residents
- If Landowner has a tenant residing on the property, he and his immediate family residing on the property are exempt from the requirement of a hunting license.
NOTE: If the member of the immediate family has moved out of state, regardless of whether or not they possess an Alabama Driver’s License, they are considered Non-Residents.
Grandchildren of landowner are NOT exempt.
- Residents who are home on military leave (must have ID and paperwork)
For Nonresidents, those exempt from licenses would be:
- Nonresident under 16 years of age