December 4 - January 3
January 11 - January 31
- By limited quota permit only.
- Must apply online. Registration Open September 8, 2020 at 8 AM (A $10 registration fee applies.) Registration Closes September 29, 2020 at 8 AM. Drawing will take place at on September 29. 2020 at Noon. Drawn Hunters will have until October 6th, 2020 at Noon to Pass the ID & Regulations Test and accept their hunting status. If not completed by the deadline an alternate will be promoted into that hunter slot.
- Must be sixteen (16) years of age or older and an Alabama resident or Alabama lifetime hunting license holder to apply. Applicants must have a valid All or Small Game Hunting License or a Lifetime Hunting License; plus an Annual State Duck Stamp or Lifetime Duck Stamp; or be an exempt resident landowner or immediate family hunting their own land; or residents over 65 years of age. (Resident landowners or residents over 65, must obtain a free Game Check H.E.L.P Number to apply).
- Limit 3 per person per permit.
- Hunting zone will be that area north of Interstate 20 from the Georgia state line to the interchange with Interstate 65, then east of Interstate 65 to the interchange with Interstate 22, then north of Interstate 22 to the Mississippi state line (excludes the remainder of the state).
- Shooting Hours: sunrise to sunset.
- Legal arms and ammunition are the same as other waterfowl.