The Upper Delta WMA Shooting Range range provides shooting opportunities at distances up to 100 yards. The facility is unique in that it requires the barrel of firearms to be inserted into a steel tube prior to discharging ammunition. The bullet travels through a 20-foot steel pipe and then downrange into the target and impact berm. A small concrete pad to shoot shotguns at clay targets is located to the south of the rifle range. The rifle range is wheelchair accessible and has a concrete walkway for downrange access to the target lines.
Hours of Operation
The range is open during daylight hours only (except by permit).
The range is located approximately 9 miles north of Stockton, AL off of the St. Lukes Church Road. View an aerial image of the range location.
GPS coordinates: 31 deg. 07' 47.08" N 87 deg. 50' 55.76" W”.
- For Alabama residents, a valid hunting, heritage, fishing, or WMA license is required for all range users between the ages of 16-64.
- For nonresidents, a valid WMA license or non-resident hunting license is required for all range users age 16 or older.
Purchasing a license can be done in one of three ways:
- By calling 1-888-848-6887
- Visit a retail vendor in your community
- Range is open during daylight hours only (except by permit).
- It shall be illegal to violate an posted restriction.
- All used targets, brass, shotgun hulls, and other trash shall be placed in a garbage can, or removed from the range.
- Shotguns with no. 4 shot or smaller may be fired at moving clay targets on designated clay areas only.
- All firearms (except as noted below in # 7) shall only be fired from designated stations on the concrete shooting line into the embankment at stationary paper targets, self-healing or metal automatic reset targets. Targets must be placed so shots will impact the embankment into the bottom 5’ of the embankment. Only one person may shoot from each designated location at any given time.
- All persons are to remain behind the shooter while firing is taking place. No firing shall be allowed while anyone is down range.
- Keep all firearms unloaded and muzzles pointed downrange when not firing or uncased. Action on uncased guns shall be open when not on the firing line.
- Any legal firearm and ammunition, except armor-piercing or tracer, may be used on target range.
- No alcoholic beverages allowed.