Chambers County PFL
No manager on site.
Address and Telephone:
1145 County Road 292
Lafayette, AL 36862
- 183 acre lake
- Contour maps (PDF 456 KB)
- Open Interactive lake contour map To view the maps, check the “Fishing” box. Then click the plus icon to expand the choices. Check “Lake Contours” and “Lake Depths” and the contour maps will appear.
- Idle speed only, no wake.
Largemouth bass, bluegill, redear sunfish, channel catfish, and crappie. (Anglers are encouraged to keep all of the fish caught during the temporary reopening dates of October 15, 2020 through March 14, 2021. Daily creel and length limits will be waived during this period)
Chambers County Lake is located 5 miles southeast of Lafayette on Chambers County Road 83. From Lafayette at the intersection with US Hwy. 431, take Alabama Highway 50 east 3/4 mile, then right on County Road 83 for 4 miles, then right on County Road 292 to Chambers County Lake.
Hours of Operation: Temporarily open October 15, 2020 through March 14, 2021
Open sunrise to sunset:
- Open 7 days a week
- Boat ramp
- Fishing pier ** ADA Compliant **
- Restrooms (Portable restroom available)
- Concessions (Bait, tackle, and snacks) ** ADA Compliant ** (Temporarily closed)
- Primitive camping (No longer available)
- Pavilion ** ADA Compliant **
- Rental boats not available
Licenses and Permits:
- Normal Fishing License Requirements Apply to Anglers Age 16 to 64
- Daily Fishing Permit Required in Addition to License for Anglers Age 12 and Older $3.00
- Personal fishing boats may be launched with possession of a valid fishing permit.
- Optional $30 Seasonal Chambers County Public Fishing Lake Permit available (valid through March 14, 2021)
A Fishing Permit can be purchased in one of the following ways:
- License agent
- Online at www.outdooralabama.com
- Outdoor Alabama app
- County Probate Office
- By phone at 1-888-848-6887
(Note: Processing / convenience fees may apply.)
This information is subject to change without notice. Additional information and rules about the lakes are available from the lake manager, the Alabama Fisheries Section at (334) 242-3471, or the appropriate District Fisheries Office.