Chambers County PFL
Address and Telephone:
1145 County Road 292
Lafayette, AL 36862
- 183 acre lake
- Contour maps (PDF 456 KB)
- Open Interactive lake contour map To view the maps, check the “Fishing” box. Then click the plus icon to expand the choices. Check “Lake Contours” and “Lake Depths” and the contour maps will appear.
Largemouth bass, bluegill, redear sunfish, channel catfish, and crappie.
Chambers County Lake is located 5 miles southeast of Lafayette on Chambers County Road 83. From Lafayette at the intersection with US Hwy. 431, take Alabama Highway 50 east 3/4 mile, then right on County Road 83 for 4 miles, then right on County Road 292 to Chambers County Lake.
Hours of Operation: To be temporarily closed beginning August 30, 2020. The lake will reopen this fall, but will close again in 2021 for renovations. The fall reopening date will be announced soon.
Open sunrise to sunset:
- February - June 2020 Closed Wednesday
- July - November 2020 Closed Tuesday and Wednesday
- December 2020 and January 2021 Closed for winter
- Night Fishing available until 10:30. Please contact Lake Manager for future dates and further information.
- Boat ramp
- Fishing pier ** ADA Compliant **
- Concessions (Bait, tackle, and snacks) ** ADA Compliant **
- Primitive camping
- Pavilion ** ADA Compliant **
Licenses and Permits:
- Normal Fishing License Requirements Apply to Anglers Age 16 or Older*
- Daily Fishing Permit Required in Addition to License for Anglers Age 12 and Older $3.00
- Boat Rental Permit (Daily fishing permit also required) $5.00
- Launch Permit for Personal Boat (Daily fishing permit also required) $3.00
*Hunting and Fishing License available for purchase at lake.
This information is subject to change without notice. Additional information and rules about the lakes are available from the lake manager, the Alabama Fisheries Section at (334) 242-3471, or the appropriate District Fisheries Office.