Marion County PFL
Address and Telephone:
554 County Road 148
Guin, AL 35563
- 37 acre lake
- Contour maps (PDF 173 KB)
- Open Interactive lake contour map To view the maps, check the “Fishing” box. Then click the plus icon to expand the choices. Check “Lake Contours” and “Lake Depths” and the contour maps will appear.
Largemouth bass, bluegill, redear sunfish, channel catfish, and crappie.
Marion County Lake is located 6 miles north of Guin off US Highway 43. From Hamilton, from intersection with US Highway 78, take US Highway 43 south for 1 mile, then right on County Road 148 to Marion County Lake.
Hours of Operation:
Open sunrise to sunset:
- February 1 - June 30: Open six days each week. Closed Wednesdays.
- July 1 - November 30: Open Thursday-Sunday; Closed Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
- December 1 - January 31: Open Saturdays and Sundays, closed Monday - Friday.
- Boat ramp
- Fishing pier ** ADA Compliant **
- Concessions (Bait, tackle, and snacks) ** ADA Compliant **
- Primitive camping
- Pavilion ** ADA Compliant **
Licenses and Permits:
- Normal Fishing License Requirements Apply to Anglers Age 16 or Older*
- Daily Fishing Permit Required in Addition to License for Anglers Age 12 and Older $3.00
- Boat Rental Permit (Daily fishing permit also required) $5.00
- Launch Permit for Personal Boat (Daily fishing permit also required) $3.00
*State Lakes Fishing Licenses are available for purchase at the lake.
This information is subject to change without notice. Additional information and rules about the lakes are available from the lake manager, the Alabama Fisheries Section at (334) 242-3471, or the appropriate District Fisheries Office.