Monroe County PFL
Darryl and Tammy Ikner
Address and Telephone:
3596 County Road 50
Beatrice, AL 36425
- 94 acre lake
- Contour maps (PDF 243 KB)
- Open Interactive lake contour map To view the maps, check the “Fishing” box. Then click the plus icon to expand the choices. Check “Lake Contours” and “Lake Depths” and the contour maps will appear.
Largemouth bass, bluegill, redear sunfish, and channel catfish.
Monroe County Lake is located 5 miles west of Beatrice off County Road 50. From Monroeville take Alabama Hwy 21 north to Beatrice, then left on Alabama Hwy. 265 for 1/4-mile, then left on Robbins Street (Co. Rd. 50) for 3-1/2 miles to Monroe County Lake. Ninety minutes from Montgomery, take I-65 south to exit 128 and go 17 miles on Hwy 10 to Awin and 20 miles south on Hwy 47 to Beatrice; right on Alabama Hwy. 265 for 1/4-mile, then left on Robbins Street for 3-1/2 miles to Monroe County Lake.
Hours of Operation:
*** Monroe County PFL , starting August 9th, 2022, will only be open the weekends of August 13th & 14th and August 20th & 21st. The lake will be closed week days during this time. Normal operating hours are expected after August 21, 2022 ***
Open sunrise to sunset:
- February - June: Open six days a week. Closed Mondays.
- July - November: Closed Mondays and Tuesdays
- Closed Monday before Thanksgiving Nov. 23, 2021 - January 24, 2022. Reopen January 25, 2022
- Open on the following Holidays: Memorial Day, July 4th and Labor Day
- Contact lake manager for night fishing opportunities
- Boat ramp
- Fishing pier ** ADA Compliant **
- Concessions (Bait, tackle, and snacks) ** ADA Compliant **
- Pavilion ** ADA Compliant **
Licenses and Permits:
- Normal Fishing License Requirements Apply to Anglers Age 16 or Older*
- Daily Fishing Permit Required in Addition to License for Anglers Age 12 and Older $3.00
- Boat Rental Permit (Daily fishing permit also required) $5.00
- Launch Permit for Personal Boat (Daily fishing permit also required) $3.00
*State Lakes Fishing Licenses only are available for purchase at the lake.
This information is subject to change without notice. Additional information and rules about the lakes are available from the lake manager, the Alabama Fisheries Section at (334) 242-3471, or the appropriate District Fisheries Office.