Monroe County PFL
Address and Telephone:
3596 County Road 50
Beatrice, AL 36425
- 94 acre lake
- Contour maps (PDF 243 KB)
- Open Interactive lake contour map To view the maps, check the “Fishing” box. Then click the plus icon to expand the choices. Check “Lake Contours” and “Lake Depths” and the contour maps will appear.
Largemouth bass, bluegill, redear sunfish, and channel catfish.
Monroe County Lake is located 5 miles west of Beatrice off County Road 50. From Monroeville take Alabama Hwy 21 north to Beatrice, then left on Alabama Hwy. 265 for 1/4-mile, then left on Robbins Street (Co. Rd. 50) for 3-1/2 miles to Monroe County Lake. Ninety minutes from Montgomery, take I-65 south to exit 128 and go 17 miles on Hwy 10 to Awin and 20 miles south on Hwy 47 to Beatrice; right on Alabama Hwy. 265 for 1/4-mile, then left on Robbins Street for 3-1/2 miles to Monroe County Lake.
Hours of Operation:
Open sunrise to sunset:
- February 1 - June 30: Open six days a week. Closed Mondays.
- July 1 - November 17, 2018: Closed Mondays and Tuesdays
- Closed November 18, 2018 - January 31, 2019. Reopen February 1, 2019
- Open on the following Holidays: Memorial Day, July 4th and Labor Day
- Contact lake manager for night fishing opportunities
- Boat ramp
- Fishing pier ** ADA Compliant **
- Concessions (Bait, tackle, and snacks) ** ADA Compliant **
- Campground facilities available with electricity and water
- Pavilion ** ADA Compliant **
Licenses and Permits:
- Normal Fishing License Requirements Apply to Anglers Age 16 or Older*
- Daily Fishing Permit Required in Addition to License for Anglers Age 12 and Older $3.00
- Boat Rental Permit (Daily fishing permit also required) $5.00
- Launch Permit for Personal Boat (Daily fishing permit also required) $3.00
*State Lakes Fishing Licenses only are available for purchase at the lake.
This information is subject to change without notice. Additional information and rules about the lakes are available from the lake manager, the Alabama Fisheries Section at (334) 242-3471, or the appropriate District Fisheries Office.