Due to unforeseen circumstances, Walker County Community Archery Park will be closed until further notice due. Please revisit for updates regarding reopening.
This archery park is made possible by the following agencies and organizations: The City of Jasper, Walker County Commission, Walker Area Community Foundation, Health Action Partnership of Walker County, the Archery Trade Association, Alabama Cooperative Extension System, Alabama Forestry Commission, Boy Scouts of America – Black Warrior Council, McGeHee Engineering, United Way of Central Alabama, Vulcan Materials, and ADCNR’s Division of Wildlife and Freshwater Fisheries with funding through hunting license sales and federally matched Pittman-Robertson Act funding.
The archery park is open during Walker County Public Fishing Lake’s operational hours for recreational shooting, competitive tournaments and outdoor educational programming.
The facility features an eight-target adult range from 15 to 50 yards and a four-target youth range of 5 to 20 yards. Additionally, Walker County is the first state-operated archery park in the nation with a wheelchair-accessible elevated shooting platform. The elevated platform has six targets at distances ranging from 10 to 40 yards.
The range is located at Walker County Public Fishing Lake near Jasper, Ala. The address is 4227 Walker County Lake Rd., Jasper, Ala., 35501.
GPS Coordinates: 33 deg. 48'18.69"N 87 deg. 13'53.63"W
- For Alabama residents, a valid hunting, heritage, fishing, or WMA license is required for all range users between the ages of 16-64.
- Nonresidents over the age of 16 are required to have either a valid Alabama state hunting license or state WMA license to use the range.
Purchasing a license can be done in one of three ways:
- Online by clicking here
- By calling 1-888-848-6887
- Or through an outdoors supply retailer in your area
- The range is open during daylight hours only.
- No alcoholic beverages allowed.
- Arrows may only be nocked onto the bowstring when standing on the shooting line preparing to shoot.
- Shoot only from the shooting line into the designated targets.
- Shooters are allowed to bring and shoot at a paper face placed on an existing target as long as it is removed from the range or placed in a trash receptacle once an individual has finished shooting. Personal targets are not allowed on range.
- Bows must be hung on the bowhanger behind the shooting line when waiting to shoot or while archers are down range retrieving arrows.
- All persons are to remain behind the shooting line while shooting is taking place. No shooting shall be allowed while anyone is down range.
- Arrows from bows of 30 pound draw weight or more may only be shot into the targets on the adult range. Arrows from bows less than 30 pound draw weight may be shot into targets on the youth or adult range.
- Only arrows with field or target points may be used or possessed on range. No broadheads may be possessed on the range.
- All individuals standing on or utilizing the elevated platform must wear a full body harness, including shoulder and leg straps, and attach themselves to the appropriate safety cable with the use of a “D” ring or safety carabiner.
- All used paper target faces and other trash shall be placed in a trash receptacle or removed from the range.