Alabama Division of Wildlife and Freshwater Fisheries’ Adult Mentored Hunt (AMH) Program is designed to provide a new hunter or a hunter with limited experience a one-on-one hunt under the guidance of a veteran mentor. AMH’s are for individuals interested in learning how to hunt, be it to revive a family tradition, to learn more about consumptive outdoor recreation, or simply wanting to put wild game on the dinner table.
AMH Program events are conducted in a safe and constructive environment and provide participants with the opportunity to learn from well-skilled hunting mentors. Participants will be exposed to the many facets of hunting including:
- Firearms safety
- Equipment needs
- Game cleaning
For most mentored hunt events, the equipment needed will be available for use by the participant if needed.
HUNTING 101 WORKSHOPS
- You must attend one of the Hunting 101 workshops below to be considered for any of the other AMH events.
- These workshops are available to everyone, regardless of previous experience, interests, or backgrounds.
- Learn basic firearm safety, where to hunt, how to hunt, and what gear you need to get started.
- Finish the day hunting small game with a mentor!
- Great opportunity to network with experienced mentors and meet other new hunters.
Click an option below to register for an event near you.
Option 1: Central Alabama - Shelby Co. (near Birmingham)
Option 2: South Alabama - Baldwin Co. (near Mobile)
Option 3: North Alabama - Madison Co. (near Huntsville)
Option 4: East Alabama - Barbour Co. (near Montgomery)
*Eligible participants should be at least 19 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license.