- After attending a Hunting 101 workshop, all applications will be reviewed by the mentored hunt coordinator and placed into one of the four priority categories below.
- Attendance at a Hunting 101 workshop does not guarantee participation in a future mentored hunt.
- You will be placed into one of four categories based on your previous hunting experience.
- Priority is given to those with the least amount of experience, see below:
Priority 1: Be at least 19 years of age, possess a valid driver’s license, and have no previous hunting experience. Applicants in this category will be given the highest priority.
Priority 2: Be at least 19 years of age, possess a valid driver’s license, and have limited lifetime hunting experience. Limited lifetime hunting experience* is considered as hunting less than five occasions in your lifetime. Applicants in this category will be given second priority and will only be selected in the event there are open spots not filled by Priority 1 applicants.
Priority 3: Be at least 19 years of age, possess a valid driver’s license, and have limited previous hunting experience. Limited previous hunting experience* is considered as hunting less than five occasions in the last five years. Applicants in this category will be given third priority and will only be selected in the event there are open spots not filled by Priority 1 or Priority 2 applicants.
Ineligible: Does not meet the minimum age requirement, possess a valid driver’s license, or has extensive previous hunting experience. Applicants in this category will not be selected to participate in mentor hunt events.
Experience will be quantified based on a combination of previous license purchases, harvest reports, and applicant honesty.
- Participants for the mentored hunts will be selected randomly in priority rank order from the pool of eligible applicants that attend a Hunting 101 workshop.
- Priority 1 applicants will be randomly selected first for each hunt.
- If all hunt spots are not filled with Priority 1 applicants, Priority 2 applicants will then be selected at random to fill remaining spots.
- If event spots are not filled by Priority 1 or Priority 2 applicants, then Priority 3 applicants will be selected at random to fill any remaining spots.
- Applicants determined ineligible will not be selected to participate in a mentored hunt.
- Selections will take place one month prior to the start of the hunt.
- If selected as a participant, you will be notified by email and must respond by email within 72 hours.
Accepting an AMH Selection
- Applicants have 72 hours to accept their spot.
- Registration for one day events is $20 and for three day events is $100.
- You must have purchased a hunting license at least 14 days prior to the start of your scheduled hunt, or your spot will be forfeited and made available tot he next eligible applicant.
- Required proof will be in the form of an email containing your name, hunt date and your Alabama hunting license number to be sent to the mentored hunt coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If selected your priority ranking will be updated after attending the hunt.
- If you fail to attend your accepted event, you will be ineligible for future mentored hunt selections.
Declining an AMH Selection
If an applicant declines an AMH selection they will remain in the pool of eligible applicants for successive selection events as indicated by their application and their Priority rank will remain the same.
Applicants Not Selected
All applicants not selected will remain in the pool of eligible applicants for any future AMH events. Every attempt will be made to provide anyone interested in learning how to hunt the opportunity to do so. Please remember to provide your current email address on your application so we can contact you when additional AMH events are scheduled.