January 15, 2021 Notice -- 5 Rivers Education Department is hiring a Biologist Aide.
Location: 5 Rivers Delta Resource Center (www.Alabama5Rivers.com), Spanish Fort, AL
Salary: $24,604.80 - $42,290.40. Full-time permanent, AL Retirement and health benefits, annual and sick leave.
5 Rivers is an 81-acre educational center with exhibit halls, gift shop, classroom, theater, conference center, reception venue, kayak launch, picnic pavilions and trails. Our mission is to teach people about the Mobile-Tensaw Delta and how it is contributes to Alabama’s incredible biodiversity, and about good land stewardship and conservation.
The Education Department’s primary duties: develop and teach classes to all ages and abilities from pre-K to adult, develop and conduct various nature programs, tend to educational animals of all kinds, upkeep both pollination and food gardens, assist with planning and organization of special events.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Two years of experience (college coursework in Biology may substitute for required experience on a year for year basis)
- Alabama Driver’s License
The ideal candidate:
- Has a strong biology background
- Has initiative and likes to work on a team
- Enjoys problem solving and creative thinking
- Is not afraid of snakes, spiders, insects, rats, bats, frogs, opossums, children
- Enjoys learning and teaching
- Can carry a 5-gallon bucket of water 50 feet
- BONUS points for boat, garden, or carpentry skills!
1. Fill out and submit online application. You will be notified when your application has been received, and where you rank on the Biologist Aide Register.
2. In addition to Step 1, you are welcome to email your application to Shonda Borden at the email below.
Email Shonda.Borden@DCNR.Alabama.gov with any questions.