- Opens September 6th at 8:00 am.
- Closes September 20th at 1:00 pm.
- Drawing September 20th at 3:00 pm.
- You must be 16 years old or older and have a Conservation ID (CID).
- An Alabama Hunting License, WMA License, and State Duck Stamp are required prior to registration.
- Residents 65+ must obtain a free Game Check HELP Number or DCNR Registration Privilege prior to registration.
Following the random computerized draw:
- All registrants will receive an automated email notifying them of their selection status. 30 "hunters" blind permit holders and 10 "alternates" will be selected.
- Follow the link within the email or sign into your "Sign in to My Hunts to Register" page and accept or decline your "hunter" or "alternate" status.
- Successful registrants will have until September 22nd 3:00 pm (48 hours) to accept their "hunter" or "alternate" status.
- Following the 48 hour acceptance period "hunters" will begin receiving more information to include their randomly selected blind location.
NOTE: If following 3:00 pm on September 20th your registration page shows you as a "hunter" or "alternate" and you have not received an email contact Drew Able at 256-353-2634.
Selected permit holders "hunters":
- Must bring their blind to Swan Creek WMA between 8:00 - 11:00 am on the third Saturday in October for inspection.
- Failure to attend the inspection or failure to comply with blind construction requirements will result in the loss of your permit and the promotion of a selected "alternate".
- Your permit (accepted "Hunter" status) is not transferable.
These blinds can be hunted by the permit holders and their guest(s) Friday-Monday (closed Tuesday-Thursday) each week of the regular waterfowl season excluding the last 14 days. The last 14 days are open to hunting Monday – Sunday. Blinds may be locked. Any blind that is locked and unoccupied by the selected party 30 minutes prior to legal shooting time may not be entered but the immediate area may be utilized by the public.
The Swan Creek Dewatering Unit Waterfowl Hunting Opportunities Include:
Three (3) boat launches from which hunters may access the dewatering unit for hunting other areas (must stay at least 150 yards from Drawn Blinds).
Multiple access points for walk-in hunters who wish to hunt more shallow waters (must stay at least 150 yards from Drawn Blinds).
If you have additional questions regarding the Swan Creek Duck Blind Drawing, see the Swan Creek Duck Blind Drawing Frequently Asked Questions as well as the Swan Creek Duck Blind Specifications. If you still need information, please email Drew.Able@dcnr.alabama.gov