- Opens September 1st at 8:00 am.
- Closes September 15th at 1:00 pm.
- Selected registrants will be contacted via email at 8:00 am on September 16th.
- You must be 16 years old or older and have a Conservation ID (CID).
- A hunting license and WMA license is not required to register
- If selected during the random draw, you must have a valid Wildlife Management Area license and State Duck Stamp to accept your permit ("hunter" or "alternate" status). If exempt you must obtain a H.E.L.P. number.
Following the random computerized draw:
- 30 "hunters" blind permit holders and 10 "alternates" will receive an email notifying them of their status.
- Follow the link within the email or follow the "Registration" link above to sign into your "Sign in to My Hunts to Register" page and accept or decline your "hunter" or "alternate" status.
- To accept your "hunter" or "alternate" status you must first purchase a Wildlife Management Area License and State Duck Stamp. If you are exempt (65 years old or older) you must obtain a H.E.L.P. number.
- Successful registrants will have until September 18th 8:00 am (48 hours) to accept their "hunter" or "alternate" status.
- Following the 48 hour acceptance period "hunters" will begin receiving more information to include their randomly selected blind location.
NOTE: If following 8:00 am on September 16th your registration page shows you as a "hunter" or "alternate" and you have not received an email contact Drew Able at 256-353-2634.
Selected permit holders "hunters":
- Must bring their blind to Swan Creek WMA at 8:00 am Saturday October 5th for mandatory inspection.
- Failure to attend the inspection or failure to comply with blind construction requirements will result in the loss of your permit and the promotion of a selected "alternate".
- Your permit (accepted "Hunter" status) is not transferable.
These blinds can be hunted by the permit holders and their guest(s) Friday-Monday (closed Tuesday-Thursday) each week of the regular waterfowl season excluding the last 14 days. The last 14 days are open to hunting Monday – Sunday. Blinds may be locked. Any blind that is locked and unoccupied by the selected party 30 minutes prior to legal shooting time may not be entered but the immediate area may be utilized by the public.
The Swan Creek Dewatering Unit Waterfowl Hunting Opportunities Include:
Three (3) boat launches from which hunters may access the dewatering unit for hunting other areas (must stay at least 150 yards from Drawn Blinds).
Multiple access points for walk-in hunters who wish to hunt more shallow waters (must stay at least 150 yards from Drawn Blinds).
If you have additional questions regarding the Swan Creek Duck Blind Drawing, see the Swan Creek Duck Blind Drawing Frequently Asked Questions as well as the Swan Creek Duck Blind Specifications. If you still need information, please email Drew.Able@dcnr.alabama.gov